Denim on Denim on Denim

Image Courtesy of shopify.com

Image Courtesy of shopify.com

High fashion designers and bloggers are always producing new and innovative trends, but fashion sometimes hits the rewind button and brings back the oldest movements.  Exbhit A: the latest revival of the late 80’s trend, denim.  

Much like the Birkenstock and the knockoffs that followed their revival, the trend of denim is back.  Not just your daily jeans, but everything denim.

Many PCHS students appriciate the denim revival.  Kendall Smith, a Park City High School junior,  “I think it’s a stylish statement, it’s cute as long as it’s a put together outfit.”

Unlike other trends that belong to a certain category of style, denim has been embraced by all people of differnet fashion backrounds.

A huge reason denim is on the rise is because of its ability to easily complete an outfit.  It’s color and texture can quickly modify and texturize an outfit.  If an outfit is looking a little bland, throw on a jean jacket.  Although it’s getting chilly, a casual and cute outfit could be jean shorts, or a skirt, and a jean jacket.  Denim is so versatile.  

As expected, because of denim’s diversity, many top trending stores have released sections dedicated exclusively to denim.  Not just your average jeans but everything denim, including: jean jackets, distressed denim, dresses, sleeveless tops and so much more.  Some of these stores selling denim, include: Topshop, Forever21, Nordstrom, Brandy Melville and ASOS.  

Park City High School student, Bryn Simmons, stated that her favorite place to shop for denim, is Levi’s.   She loves the new style as well, saying,“I think denim is making a comeback, I would style it with faded jeans and a denim jacket”.  

Although these top stores have never-ending sections dedicated to jeans, you may be able to find jean relics from the 80s in your parent’s closet.  This trend was first immensely popular in the late 80’s meaning there could be some hidden on the bottom of your parents shelf.  And yes, now it is considered vintage and is way more hipster than anything you can find at Nordstrom’s.  

Denim has taken the fashion world by storm, and because of its comfy and chic look, it just may be a student’s best friend.